Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

I can tell you everything about baking cookies.
Hy husband is a self-taught GENIUS when it comes to computers. The internet. The web. Hosting. Blogging. Web Design. Software. Hardware. Knowing what all those acronyms really stand for. And damn near ANYTHING electronic or technology based. They are best friends. And if they didn't start out as friends, they will be before the night is over.

At work I am no longer known as Ryan the graphic artist... I am known as: "Her husband would know", "Can you ask your husband this?", "How would your husband do this?", "Do you think you could run this past your husband?" Which of course is fine, makes a woman proud to know her husband is so wanted.

However, the problems with all this said proudness fails when it comes time for me to become the RE-interpreter.

When I am asked a simple question like, "How does blanky blanky blank work and could you ask your husband why why blank isn't working at ALL?!" I soak in every word making sure that I have covered all the basics.

"Well, Julie are you sure you have your monitor plugged in? And when I say plugged in I mean from your computer tower to the monitor AND from the monitor to the wall? AND you tried restarting your computer too?"

When I am satisfied that all the information of the problem is adequally burned into my memory I am ready to download this dilemma unto my husband. Excitedly explaining to my husband "The Scoop" he begins on this journey of problemsolving tips, explaining the whys and why nots as well adding in a little history.

Always extremely eager to learn more I am continually in shock as to how much information one man can hold. Remember. And access at the appropriate times. He's like the walking, breathing Wikipedia.

Once I get back to my co-worker, I am like Tim Allen trying to explain a story to his wife that Wilson told him over the fence. It all sounds like blah. And more blah. And something about making sure you don't do this, no wait, don't do this cause... well... it was really cool when he explained it to me.

Given another day or two and I will have re-asked and been re-explained the solution again and again. Eventually I will figure it out for you from yours truly. So we can get onto the next big dilemma.
Posted by and rudeness on Tuesday, August 15, 2006 at 11:16 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
All I want to know is, WHERE ARE MY COOKIES?
Posted by Blogger MandaCakes | August 17, 2006 8:26 AM  
A friend of mine has this problem too and she has some pretty damn funny stories too.

Like the time someone was having computer problems so her Hubby asked if they had their Windows CD. The reply was "Well, I have a George Strait CD?"

Seriously.
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | August 19, 2006 5:27 AM  
Oh, I gotta leave my harassing comment but I only know how to breathe heavily into a phone. ;)
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | August 19, 2006 5:28 AM  
That sounds very familiar....my hubby is the same way...he also is a computer geek. I tend to look at him like "huh?"
And I agree....I thought I was promised cookies!!! :)
Posted by Blogger Brenda | August 19, 2006 4:25 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger