Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

I had to take myself "out back."
I work for a weekly newspaper in a small town in the middle of nowhere. Literally. Were talking one high school. One middle school. Wildlife walks down Main Street. And where running for the position of Register of Deeds is an all out dirty race like it was for the presidency of the United States. (You'd be amazed. And of course in a small community everyone knows EVERYTHING about everyone.)

Back to topic... there are only 13 employees in my company. (9:4; women:men. Hell yeah.) I'm the newest member of the "group" coming in with 8 months of employment, to date. Not only that... I am 12 years younger than the youngest persons junior. (So basically, I am the youngest by a decade and then some.)

This doesn't bother me. I have always had "older friends." I have never looked my age. Unfortunately that was great when I was 12 and people thought I was 18. Now? Pfft... moving on.

I am usually the one starting things or being a little fiesty. I hope I bring a smile to all the old fogies at work. (Hi Bonnie!) But it's always in good fun and with there being only 13 of us... there is nothing professional about our "good fun." Who really has a clean mind?

So when the girls up front asked me what a "whisker biscuit" was... OMG... I lost it. Whisker Biscuit. Hehehe. I mean what the hell kind of phrase is that. Hahahaaa. Of course, the rest of the afternoon was in the trash.

And I couldn't control myself. I laughed harder than I have in what feels like years. My sides were hurting. My face was going to fall off. It got to the point I wasn't even going to try and hold it in. I mean COME ON... WHISKER BISCUIT!!!

As my laughing fit continued on and on the other girls were like, "Girl! Calm down" but all I could say was "It must have been awhile since I got out." So a couple times I took myself out back and tried to calm down. Nah. Didn't work.
Posted by and rudeness on Monday, September 25, 2006 at 7:41 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
That's cute! Glad you had a good time! It's great to laugh like that once in a while isn't it?
Posted by Blogger Brenda | October 02, 2006 7:57 AM  
Um. Whisker Biscuit? LIke HAYHAY? OMG. I think I'd die, too.

OMG. I am dying.

OH MAH GAH.
Posted by Blogger Mrs. Flinger | October 06, 2006 10:38 PM  
Yeah... EXACTLY Mrs. Flinger. When everyone was cracking up about it I asked Bob... what's a whisker biscut?

Pussy.

Later after we all found out (thanks to Google) that a whisker biscut indeed was a thing used for bow hunting, I told Bob "All you wanted was a reason to say pussy!"
Posted by Blogger and rudeness | October 07, 2006 6:54 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger