Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

I hold nothing back...
I have been on a mission for the last couple months to purr-fect-o a recipe for "Taco Bake". It all started with a box of Old El Paso and kinda grew into an obsession from there.

At first I would add in my own little touches to the recipe and then decided to be brave and go from scratch. It took me a couple of tries but I think I have finally mastered it. Oh yes, I am the Taco Bakemaster! (rolls eyes)

It is still a work in progress and every time it is better. I hope that you can enjoy this and make it a family favorite like we have!

Because I am usually spending a little more time experimenting its hard to gauge how much time is spent making the Taco Bake. I would say about 20-25 minutes for prep time and 20 minutes in the oven at 350.

I use a 9x13 glass pan when cooking or two 9x9 pans. (Nice math huh?)

Ingredients:
2 jalapenos
1 purple onion
1 package of 8 soft tortillas (flour or corn... I haven't tried corn yet)
1 lb. of meat (or chicken)
2 packets of Taco Seasoning
1 jar of cheese sauce
1 little tub of sour cream (about 2 cups or a large tub for you sour cream lovers!)
1 small can of refried beans
1 cup of rice (instant of course!)
1 package of shredded cheese
1 jar of Taco Bell Mild sauce (or fire for you crazy ones!)

To start: You'll need 2 small pots & a skillet for cooking the meat.
1. Start cooking the meat or chicken.
2. Chop up the onion and jalapeno. (I have realized if I put in Blue's Clues for Bubba and chop right away... I have just enough time to chop and clean up before she is in my hair again.)
3. Start the rice. (Once the water comes to a boil add in 1 packet of Taco Seasoning and then your 1 cup of rice. This is all based on instant rice.)
4. Put your refried beans, about a cup of sour cream, and the chopped onions in a pan. Just set it to low heat and stir occasionally. Careful this can burn easy!
5. When your meat or chicken is done cooking, drain and return to your skillet. Add in the jar of cheese sauce, 1 packet of Taco Seasoning, the jalapenos and stir well. Also put this to low heat and stir occasionally.
6. Your instant rice should be done. Fluff it with a fork and add in a cup of sour cream and about half the jar of hot sauce. Set to low heat and stir occasionally.

Now you have all 3 layers of your Taco Bake ready and on their way! I usually stir them until all are mixed well and thoroughly warm. (About 5-10 minutes.)

Layering your Taco Bake:
1. Get your 9x13 glass pan out and lightly cover the bottom of the pan with some hot sauce.
2. Take your tortillas and lay them down for a first layer.
3. Add your refried bean layer and spread evenly.
4. Sprinkle some shredded cheese.
5. Build another layer of tortillas.
6. Get your meat & cheese layer and spread evenly.
7. Add your rice layer on top of that.
8. Throw on the rest of your shredded cheese.
9. Last layer of tortillas.
10. Sprinkle the last of your hot sauce on the very top.

And DONE!

Put it in the oven and cook about 15-20 minutes. Just check it periodically to make sure the tortillas aren't burnt.

Remove. ENJOY!
Posted by and rudeness on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 at 8:03 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
That sounds really good!! YUM!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | September 11, 2006 7:22 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger