Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Allergic to sex? What's next?!
In 1999 I stumbled upon a startling realization. I was allergic to bananas. And let me tell you, this did not make me too happy. My chocolate-peanut butter-banana smoothies would never be the same.

Every once in awhile I would test things out and have a banana or something with bananas in it. Only to realize quickly that I was truly allergic. My mouth would break out into sores, my gums would bleed and my throat would swell. Instantly. Okay, I get the idea.

Never having an allergy before and just thinking I was a freak, I strayed from the banana lovin' and continued on with life.

It wasnt until I was pregnant with Bubba that I first let a doctor know that I was allergic to bananas. I felt silly letting her know but she was immediately worried. Asking me a volley of questions lead to a label in my chart and an allergy that was now "official."

Being allergic to bananas meant that it was highly likely I was allergic to latex as well. Yeah, lets put in the chart then that there will be NO form of latex going ANYWHERE NEAR my woohaa upon birth. Thank you. Ahem.

Over the next couple of years I have noticed that kiwi and walnuts are starting to bother me as well. I am careful with tomatoes and avacado and am beginning to realize that I am becoming allergic to alot of things I love!!

Then this past week I made a INCREDIBLY frustrating discovery... latex condoms have now been added to the death list. DAMNITALLTOHELL! I had never noticed a reaction to latex before this. When I called my doctor, I had to go through the nurse first. I just knew she was scribbling on a pad my every word but when translated to the doctor it sounded like, "Yeah, Ryan AGAIN... no, not about her daughter... it's her this time... yeah, she says she's allergic to sex. What do you want me to tell her?... To stop immedatley?"

I also started making some other associations. My gums often hurt and are tender in the morning and before bed. Hello little rubber things on the sides of my toothbrush. So much for extra tarter control. GONE!

Everytime you have a reaction, it gets worse. So now I am to the stage in this allergy process where my doctor would like me to come in for further tests and possibly get an injectable epinephrine to carry at all times and wear a MedicAlert braclet. Just in case.

Am I the only one here? Anyone else want to get in the allergy boat with me? The can't-have-sex-with-banana-nut-flavored-condoms boat?
Posted by and rudeness on Sunday, November 26, 2006 at 6:07 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
oh hon! I'm sorry! I've actually never heard of being allergic to bananas before...that stinks! I don't have any food allergies, just medicine allergies...penacillian, aspirin (yes, really!), and a few antibiotics.
Hey..now when you are not in the mood you can tell hubby that you are allergic to sex!! LOL Good excuse!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | November 28, 2006 8:34 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger