Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Not a day goes by...
... that I actually even start to believe for a split second that time heals a broken heart. Not one bit.

On January 2, 2003 my grandfather passed away after a long and drawn out battle with life. A week before that I had found out I was pregnant. I like to believe that he heard me tell him. I would do anything to have had him hold her. Just once.

On July 27, 2005 my grandmother without any warning passed away, on her way out the door to a doctors appointment. Just 4 days after seeing Bubba walk for the first time.

I miss them both so much. And it keeps getting harder. Especially coming into the holidays... My grandfather would be engrossed in hunting and my grandmother, baking away in the kitchen.

Going to visit my grandparents was always such a treat. And I dont just mean all the goodies grandma baked. The stories. The smells. The warmth. The love. Everything was genuine. I wish that I had soaked more of them in. Hung onto every word a little harder. Stayed that extra half an hour or called just because more often.

I did learn a lot from them while they were living and I continue to do so in their absence. That family is everything and life is short. Make the most of life and definatly at all costs... go out on a limb. And never look back.

Forever loved. Forever missed. And never forgotten. I love you grandma and grandpa.
Posted by and rudeness on Tuesday, November 28, 2006 at 8:24 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
That was very touching. I understand. I was very close to my grandma. She passed in May 2000. Hard to believe it's been that long. I miss her all the time. I think she would love my son. I see some aspects of her in him. ((Hugs))
The holidays can be tough when we've lost loved ones.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | November 29, 2006 8:11 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger