Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

So ungrateful.
Yesterday morning around 10am my boss asked me how much overtime I had and let me know I would be using all of it THAT DAY. Wow. Okay. I'm leaving at 12:30 then. SWEEEET!

As I began to write a mental list of all the things I wanted to get accomplished with my afternoon off, I was excited to realize that there was nothing pressing. I would be able to spend the afternoon with my family. SWEEEET!

And then I got the phonecall. My Dad was on his way up to see us and he wanted "to get some things done." Barnicles.

My. father. When he wants to get some things done... Holy Mother of Christ. Usually this entales hours of eyerolling (on my part), corny high fives and shit-tons of frustration. He always has the best intentions. Just ALWAYS at the wrong times.

So unexpectedly my dad and husband are outside building a deck FOR EIGHT HOURS on my day off as I run around the house realizing that nothing pressing has turned into washing dishes, laundry, vaccumming and tidying up. No need in my Dad relaying back to my Mom that I am a slob, unannounced. Bubba was quite wound up and very vocal all afternoon. It seemed like everything I picked up - she undid. Every outfit change required two more. And WHY IN THE WORLD ISNT DORA THE EXPLORER ON 24/7?

And then all of a sudden its 9pm. I am cranky. Pissed off. Tired as hell. Eating frozen pizza. And my Mom is angry as hell that Dad isnt home. And didnt call her either! (MEN!!)

I had mentioned when we moved into our new place at the beginning of the month that it would be nice to have a little deck to put our chairs and table on. And figured with winter on the way, it was a project that would wait until next summer. Oh no.

My Dad got a wild hair on HIS day off and figured it was the perfect time to fulfill my dreams of "a little deck out front." Could I see that his intentions were pure? Hell no. He ruined MY perfect day. Or so I thought. It wasnt until today when I looked at the deck and realized how awesome it was, that I got alittle teary that it meant THAT MUCH to him to help us out.

My Dad rocks. It just took me awhile to figure it out. But next time I have a sudden afternoon off... I'm not answering my phone if its Dad. *wink*
Posted by and rudeness on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 at 11:10 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
how sweet! Though he must have been very motivated to build a deck with all that snow!! Can't wait to see a pic of it!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | November 16, 2006 8:19 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger