Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Practicing safe calculus in bed.
Back in March 2006 Mandacakes and I thought it would be a great idea to start a morning "Routine." This routine would start out with one of us calling the other, first thing in the morning. We chose an ungodly hour like 5:30am and planned out our "1,600 Miles Apart Morning Routine."

1. Call at 5:30am. Some moaning and groaning involved.
2. Go pee.
3. Make coffee. Swear with Mandacakes at her coffee pot. Talk about how I should get a new one.
4. Listen to Mandacakes wrestle her dogs out the door for a walk. Giggle quietly.
5. Sit on the couch with coffee.
6. Turn on the weather channel.
7. Ridicule and mock the anchors. What in the HELL is she wearing?! OMG what is up with her hair? Think THEY are sleeping together?
8. Once exhausted, turn to CNN Headline News.
9. Repeat #7.
10. Refill coffee and go out on porch to smoke a ciggy. Repeat #10 as needed.
11. Talk until 6:45am and then its "Time to get in the shower."

Our routine occasionally gets changed up. One of us might have to go into work early or have the day off. But pretty much, it has stayed the same. (Yes, even the coffee pot conversation. Since March. Yeah, we like to bitch and do nothing about it.)

Our routine is fabulous because we are awake! alert! and mostly on time! to work everyday.

Then there are mornings like this morning. Here is how the morning started:

MANDACAKES: Honey? You awake? Ryan?

ME: (from the depths of my bed with phone in hand) HMMMmmfphff.

MANDACAKES: Hun, we got up late. It's okay though. I need to jump in the shower now. I'll call you at 7am?

ME: HMMMmmfphff..... k.

MANADCAKES: Did you hear me? Ryan?

ME: HMMMmmfphff..... yaaa.

MANADCAKES: Ryan!? If you want me to call you at 7am, what is 2 + 2?

ME: HMMMmmfphff..... fowwwr.

MANADACAKES: Okay, I'll call you at 7am then. Talk to you then.

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Wednesday, December 06, 2006 at 12:37 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Is there a letter here for you?
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | December 06, 2006 1:13 PM  
LOL I understand all too well. It was hard for me to get up this morning too....it was just WAY too comfy in bed and I HATE stepping out into the COLD, FREEZING room.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | December 07, 2006 8:10 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger