Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Apparently, I'll do any. thing. for an extra buck.
I hate that every time I am presented an opportunity to make a little extra cash, I will jump! and do tricks! and wag my tail! Sure I'll take on a route delivering newspapers for $40 a month since one of your carriers quit.

Being as though it is only on Saturdays and the area didnt look too big, why not? The route starts a block over from where I live. I could walk that. AND? I'll get some exercise in, drop lbs left! and right! for sure. $40 a month... THAT'S how much I spend in gas for the ol' beater car anyways.

What. in. the. fucking. hell. was. I. f-ing. thinking?

As I loaded my van with all the newspapers and got out my map, I thought, man this will be a cinch. Home in an hour. Easiest $40 ever.

Was I ever sadly mistaken. I walked and walked and walked. I prayed that no one saw me as I pushed a stroller around the block putting papers in peoples mailboxes. I crept up to each persons mailbox thinking for sure that some woman in pajamas with curlers in her hair and a cigarette hanging from the corner of her mouth, would come busting around the side of the house with a broom and beat. me. to. death. First, I was terrified about it and then, I started praying for it.

I dont even know why I thought this woman would appear, broom in hand... maybe for the same reason that the moment before my little Bubba came bursting out into this world, I thought, OMG! I hope she isnt black.

It also didnt help that todays high was 20 and as I walked and walked and the sun went down, the temp plunged to like ZERO. And that the map that was I given, was NOWHERE NEAR scale and that each block stretched farther and farther and farther...

I know there has to be a better way to do this! And as much as I would like to take BACK my generous offer of taking on this gawd. awful. task., I will just plow through and hang on. When summer comes, Bubba can help.

Man, summer is a long, long ways away.

Posted by and rudeness on Saturday, January 13, 2007 at 5:43 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
oh you poor thing!! A paper route in the winter in WI is nasty!! It was really nice of you to volunteer though. Good luck.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | January 14, 2007 12:34 PM  
Holy crap, what were you thinking?!?!
Posted by Blogger Whitney | January 14, 2007 9:21 PM  
When I used to would ride my bike at the butt crack of dawn, I would occasionally scare the shit out of the newspaper carrier in the neighborhood. Oh what fun! LOL!
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | January 15, 2007 9:27 PM  
Hey! hahah. You are such a money whore. hahaha. But, then again, that is why I love you. hahah. This was hilarious!! :) Also, I was trying to remember *half smiling* . . . didn't dad once have a paperroute?
Posted by Blogger Erinzillaud | January 16, 2007 7:54 AM  
I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh at this. Good luck!
Posted by Blogger Heidi | January 16, 2007 9:35 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger