Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

The doctor isnt always right.
Thank you so much for everyones response to this post. I am glad that I am not the only one that has been passed some shady info from my doctor! It IS so frustrating cause what information do you take and what do you leave when your doctor is talking about YOUR child?

The whole BMI thing? Definitely something that I am not going to let bother me. Cause my husband and I are in charge of deciding whether or not my little girl is tipping the scales the wrong way! Bubba has always been right around the 95 percentile on everything from the day she was born... but that doesnt make her overweight. (Check out these charts... look familiar?)

Tell me this girl is overweight.
That's what I thought. Nope.
(But you CAN tell me I am crazy for buying her an ALL WHITE outfit!
It was just soo cute. And it is soo soft!)



And you know, its not the first time I thought my doctor wasnt helpful... I remember when Bubba was about 3 months old and I was calling the doctor, searching the internet and begging anyone who would listen to me, try to help me solve why my daughter was fussy. Everyone just told me "She's colicky, eventually it will go away." I had convinced myself for awhile that maybe it was because I was doing something wrong? That she wanted a DIFFERENT Momma, anyone BUT me. She. cried. non. stop. for. DAYS. on end. Was I holding her wrong? Does she hate the dog? Is she terrified of the color pink? Cause if that's it baby, I'll have to throw away EVERYTHING.

By the time Bubba was 6 months old I was no longer eating anything green, fruits, chocolate, coffee, soda and anything with large amounts nitrates in it. Let me tell ya, I was barely eating anything thinking something bad would pass to my breast milk and upset her. Then my husband and I had an idea, OMG, well my husband is lactose-intolerant... is Bubba?

After a little more searching on the internet... apparently I wasnt typing in the right thing! I found this huge amount of information on the topic. I stopped ALL dairy products immediately and I am not kidding you... within 3 days I. had. the. HAPPIEST. baby. in. the. world.

Was it really THAT freaking easy? It sure was. And why hadnt ANYONE suggested it? Pfft. You lose some, you win some. Other than Bubba getting teeth, I didnt have anymore problems breastfeeding until Bubba was 15 months old.
Posted by and rudeness on Saturday, January 20, 2007 at 4:10 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
I don't see how the 95th percentile would be considered overweight...especially if she has been there since birth!!! Maybe time to get a different dr?? BTW- that IS a very cute outfit!! She is absolutely adorable...and so far away from being overweight!!!! You are a great mommy...no one can do a better job than you. Just remember that!!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | January 23, 2007 8:04 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger