Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Everytime you say "I lub you Momma" my whole body smiles.
I never could have imagined what it would be like to be a Mother until I looked into your eyes. Until you looked at me and needed me... as much as I needed you. Your Daddy and I may have given you life but you gave us one when you were born. When you entered our lives and showed us what true love was. What it could be. Pure. Innocent. Honest. True.

When I look at you, I see my beautiful, little baby girl I gave birth to almost 2½ years ago. What is hard to grasp, is the fact that you arent 7lbs 10oz. anymore. You have grown into an independent, decision making, talkative little girl with a heart of gold and a smile that could light the darkest dark.

You love to learn. Laying out your flashcards in specific patterns with neat rows and columns like you used a ruler and level. You pick them out when I call them to you. Pointing to a card of a net and saying "I catch you" or to the clown and saying "Sil-leee Cown!!" If I ask you one you dont remember, you glance at me and for a moment silently plead with me to make sure you remember next time. You always want to know more.

You know all your shapes, even what a pentagon and an octagon are. You could almost name the 108 crayon colors in a Crayola box. You giggle so sweet when I draw a cat or a dog. And meow and bark. You love more than anything when Daddy and I draw you every. single. SpongeBob character. By the time you are 40 we may have Sandy down. Squirrels are hard enough... but in a spacesuit too?

Your love for all animals brings such joy to my heart. You are so caring towards all life and it is so amazing to see you talk to dogs like you can actually hear what they are saying. I know we will have to get you a dog soon. I bet you'd name your very own doggy Bubba. You know doggy was the first coherent word you ever spoke. It sounded kinda like an engine starting "duggieduggieduggie."
You can find anything to entertain you. That is, that we didnt buy directly for you. You spent HOURS in those crates... you would have slept in there if we had let you. The bag of straws? Once I realized that you LOVED them... I always had a dozen on hand. I probably still have some in the bottom of my purse, just in case.

At 11 months, to the DAY, you took your first steps. I know this because your grandparents wanted to make bets with us about when you would take those steps. I said 10½ to 11 months. Your Grandpa said "The day she turns 11 months." A couple of days after your first steps, we had to take your Grandparents out for margaritas cause they pinned it. To. the. day.

I was always amazed at how quickly you could get around the house. And into everything. You still do this but we have gotten pretty smart over the last 2½ years.

I think your Daddy helped you with the pads. Someday I will show your boyfriend this picture. It'll be at least 40 years from now. I use to cut those in half and use them as breast pads. I probably wont tell your boyfriend that.

Sometimes we would leave something a little too close to the edge of the counter... but in the one second it took for you to get it, get whatever it was, all over you and the next second for us to get the camera... we would let you enjoy your find.

However, that pink shirt you are wearing? You had just gotten from your Great Aunt no less than 30 minutes before. Stinker.

You played with that silver ribbon for months. I am surprised we dont have more pictures of you with it. You would tangle yourself up and look to us for a moment to call out for help but I swear you knew, that if we felt you couldnt handle it, we would have taken it away. You would untangle yourself and start all over again.

In the beginning when you came home, you were very colicky. I thought for sure I had done something wrong. You would cry for hours and hours on end. No matter the walking, the bouncing, the car rides or any of the other 6.3 million remedies, we could not console you.

One afternoon when you cried and cried your Daddy and I set you in your crib and let you cry. It was the first time we didnt hold you while you cried. As I sat in the living room and held that baby monitor in tears myself, I know we did the right thing. Your crying didnt last too long and soon you were fast asleep. When I went to check on you, you had snuck yourself under your bumper pad. Your Daddy and I almost laughed so hard we woke you up.


I hardly remember those colicky times now. They seem so far away. When we finally figured things out and the colic went away, you became the happiest baby on the planet. You've been that way ever since.

My dear sweet Bubba I hope you know that I love you more than anything. That when I look in your crib every morning I can barely get myself to walk away to go to work. I could stare at you for hours. That when you say my name and tell me that you lub me I just melt.

I love you Bubba.

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Wednesday, January 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
God. You are fantastic. What an amazing post. Bubba is so lucky to have you as a momma. And you are so lucky to have bubba as your baby. I miss you both so much and when I read your post, I just break a little inside. You are such a beautiful soul, sister.
Posted by Blogger Erinzillaud | February 01, 2007 4:08 AM  
Ohhhh... this is such a sweet and beautiful post. And she is so adorable! I love the stories. I hope you show this to her when she gets bigger.

And I can totally relate to the title -- Evan recently started to tell me "Ah vuv you Mama!" and I melt, every time.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 01, 2007 4:42 PM  
That crib picture is the best! What a beautiful post.
Posted by Blogger snarflemarfle | February 01, 2007 9:21 PM  
That is just so beautiful and sweet. I love the photos.
Posted by Blogger That Chick Over There | February 02, 2007 10:40 AM  
What a beautiful post, and the pictures are fabulous!

I've been thinking of doing a similar post for Carter's 18month b-day, now I really want to!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 02, 2007 7:55 PM  
You had an early walker too! They're trouble those ones. This post is too cute. I love the pictures.
Posted by Blogger Jolynn | February 03, 2007 3:40 PM  
I always love looking back at baby pictures but then I am sad to see how much they have changed...

Love the pudgy little baby legs. Isn't it amazing how they turn into strong toddler legs never to get a moments rest? :)

This time is the best in their little lives...not a baby anymore but not yet a full blown kid that you have to watch go off to kindergarten with out you. Enjoy it with both arms wide open to catch every hug and every squeeze!
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | February 05, 2007 9:52 PM  
That is absolutely beautiful!! I'm crying now!!! (could also be the darn hormones!!!) She is beautiful and you are such a good mommy!!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 08, 2007 1:46 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger