Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Crack Addicted.
One evening I called my Mom... probably to ask if I could substitute regular milk for evaporated milk in a brownie recipe... but really it didnt matter cause I never got to ask my question. In fact I forgot my question when my Mom answered the phone.

WHAT?! Are you okay?

Uhm... yes I'm fine. Are YOU?

Yes, Ryan. What do you need? Is Bubba okay?!

Yeah Mom, everyones fine... Am I interrupting something?

Yes! Your Dad and I are watching 24 and if you dont need anything and everything is okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow.

24? What in the LIVING HELL IS 24?! Whatever the F it is... my mother has been taken over and turned into a MONSTER. I'll talk to you tomorrow? OMG. She hates me. Well, tomorrow came and she explained to me what this 24 was. A cult following apparently.

For the last two years I have seen my parents transform into 24 fanatics. They own every single ANYTHING 24 related. And it is so hard for me to grasp the concept of being absolutely totally in love with a. TV. show. Hello people. A TV show. Pleeease.

I have never understood this. It doesnt make sense! I remember when 90210 first aired in 1990... OH MY GOD. Everyone I knew was addicted to this show. I could barely hold full and meaning conversations with friends because I didnt know what was going on, in 90210.

Now I wont lie... I was really loving the X Files when it first came out but after a couple episodes I lost interest. Because I couldnt dedicate myself to the show. If I cant watch every single one IN ORDER, whats the point? Then ER came out and I probably made it almost an entire season watching faithfully. And then one day I walked away. And I never looked back. I enjoy a rerun or a current episode but I never know what is going on anymore. Cause I cant be faithful to it.

I mean, damn... I have a toddler now. I HAVE seen every single SpongeBob, Jimmy Neutron and My Life as a Teenage Robot episode... six or a thousand times... but to get into anything "on" right now? It would never work. I wouldnt mind figuring out the hype on Grey's Anatomy. It seems to be verrrry popular. Cause isnt McDreamy.... dreamy....

So in December I get a call from my Mom who is talking in an extremely! fast! excited! voice! trying to explain to me the DEAL OF THE DECADE. The first 5 seasons of 24 are on sale at Best Buy and I called your Dad to make sure and I went there as fast as I could and I saved like 300 dollars and I got all. 5. seasons. of. 24. RYAN! Isn't that great?!

Heavens.

And whatever.

And get a life.

So not only can I never-ever-or-I'll-disown-you-happen to call my parents on a Monday night... I cant call them NEVER EVER cause they are ALWAYS watching/rewatching their precious seasons of 24. Curses to you 24!

Then it happened. My husband was talking with my Dad about... you'll never guess... 24, and he says Yeah, I'll watch Season 1 if you'll loan it to me. So my husband, the only one on MY SIDE of this 24 nonsense brought that FILTH into my home. And watched it.

And then he started to talk about it. And then we were watching the "last couple minutes" as I walked in the door from work. And then I got curious. Then we were watching it during dinner. And instead of doing laundry. And instead of taking out the trash.

And then instead of eating anything that resembled a meal? If I could throw it into the oven QUICK! and take it out QUICK!, I could watch from the kitchen. And who needs more than 5 hours of sleep a night?And isn't Jack EVER going to kill Nina? And shhh Bubba just a couple more minutes.

And then my Mom called me the other day...

Mom?

Yeah?!

Are you okay? Is Dad okay?

Yea...

Okay. I'll call you in 8 minutes when 24 is over. Bye.

HOLY. SHIT. And ladies and gentlemen... there is NO turning back. We are crack addicted to 24. The show that I hated. The show that I thought was soooo stupid. Every episode is a hour? That's retarded, what if the main character has to take a crap? We watch him crap? The show that I despised because who really puts their health and well being BEHIND a TV series.

Well, apparently its me.

Heres some "funnies" I found about Jack Bauer... I have 130 of them... I saved your time and put my favs... Hope I have some 24 lovers out there.

Some people see the glass as half full. Others see it as half empty. Jack Bauer see the glass as a deadly weapon.

Life doesn't give Jack Bauer lemons. Life asks him which fruit he wants.

If everyone on "24" followed Jack Bauer's instructions, it would be called "12".

My husband doesn't wish he was Jack Bauer. He wishes I was Jack Bauer.

Jack Bauer does not get taken prisoner. He puts himself in a disadvantageous position so as to make his next several killings more dramatic.

If it tastes like chicken, looks like chicken, and feels like chicken, but Jack Bauer says its beef. Then it's fucking beef.

When Jack Bauer used Herbal Essences, the shampoo had an orgasm.

Posted by and rudeness on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
LOL Ryan!! Welcome to the "dark" side!!! bwaaaahhaaa!! j/k
I can totally relate though since I'm so addicted to tv. Yes, I was one of those fanatics that was addicted to 90210 (in fact, I already have season 1 on DVD LOL) and you know my story about Grey's Anatomy the night Kyle was born!! Yep, watching Grey's Anatomy while in LABOR and asking the dr to move out of my way!! So sad I know. We've become monsters.
((Hugs)) I feel for you.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 17, 2007 12:01 PM  
I've never been able to get into 24 (though the BF was into it for a while) but I am addicted to enough other shows already that I don't need another! My top shows are Lost (which is another that inspires cult-like devotion) and Grey's Anatomy (that show is full of dreamy doctors! Not to mention smart independent women. It does get a little soap-opera-y at times, but I like that sometimes.).

Anyway, sorry to ramble. My point is that I personally am all for a little TV addiction, especially after the kids are in bed. :)
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 18, 2007 7:08 PM  
Even though I don't watch 24, I still had a good chuckle about the "jackisms." I really laughed at the "the shampoo had an orgasm."
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | February 19, 2007 9:49 PM  
Welcome to the land of being a t.v head lol. For me it is survivor and american idol.We have chinese food on survivor night. I also watch greys anatomy, csi csi miami. desperate housewives, and brothers and sisters.Oh and I just got soap net so I can watch my soaps whenevr i want!!
Posted by Blogger Denise | February 22, 2007 12:53 AM  
I have also been sucked in. It's a sad (aka amazing) life.
:)
Posted by Blogger Erinzillaud | February 22, 2007 10:54 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger