Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

A date AND a life, all in a weekend.
On Friday the hubbie and I actually went on a date! Yahoo! Can you believe it?! We were celebrating our 4 year anniversary and had an absolutely wonderful time! February 1st was our
We've been together for this long Anniversary just to clarify. We have only been married for 1½ years.

When I asked for Friday off at work my boss was like "I thought you just got married? How are you celebrating 4 years?"

"Well, we are celebrating how long we've been together. We started dating in 2003."

"Oh, you are one of THOSE."

Well, everyones a critic. Mr. Bubba and I like to celebrate being together. If we actually think of it on the 1st of a month, we will say its so-and-so months of being together day! YEAH! I think little things like that are important in a relationship.

We by no means are a perfect couple... trust me, we HAVE our moments. Plenty of them. But we like to celebrate.

So back to the date...
Mr. Bubba and I often like to get breakfast for dinner so we went to this little place close to home. (And when I say close to home, I can see it from my living room window.) The food was good but somewhat shocking. I ordered an Italian sausage omelet and uhm, when he brought it out I almost fell out of the booth. It was COVERED in tomato sauce. What. the. hell. I flipped through the menu just to make sure I got the right thing. Nothing about sauce. What the hell do I do?

I figured it couldnt be that awful and gave it a try. My grandpa used to put ketchup on his pancakes. After a couple bites Mr. Bubba noticed the sauce and was like, What in the HELL did you order?! Uhm, not sure. I wont order it again though.

After dinner we went to the bar and played pool and darts. We had a couple of drinks and called it an evening. We figured the night was still young though and when we got home we played some more darts. (We got a soft tipped electronic board a couple of weeks ago and have really enjoyed playing. We had to get Bubba a set of darts too, just like Momma and Daddy. We set the old bristle board we had against the wall and she plays too. Its cute.)

Tonight I had a friend from work come over to have dinner and play darts. She brought her 2 youngest and is currently pregnant with number 4. How is it she gets to have "that glow?" I never had it. It. was. just. sweat. for. me. Anyways it was nice to have someone over. They stayed for a couple of hours and her youngest is 18 months old. Bubba and him didnt get along too well... the darn kid kept playing with HER toys. Can you believe the gall?!

We are defiantly going to have to start working on this very thing with Bubba. I am worried that because she hasnt been in daycare she is going to have a hard time getting used to sharing. Cause right now? That word/thought/concept is NOT a part of her vocabulary!

So when everyone left and Mr. Bubba and I were picking up I commented that it was nice to have her over and it was like, OMG, we had a life. We had friends over! And we all had a good time! And he was like, "Yeah a date and a life, all in a weekend."

There's still Sunday... maybe we'll win the lottery.
Posted by and rudeness on Saturday, February 03, 2007 at 4:32 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Aw, I'm glad you guys had a nice date! It's so necessary to do that once in a while, to remember what life is like without a child crawling all over you every hour of the day. :)

And the sharing thing -- that takes a long time even when they're used to being around other kids. Kids are so naturally possessive! My 5-year-old is in his second year of nursery school and it's really only been in the last several months that he's begun to show some maturity about sharing (i.e., not breaking down in tears when he can't have what he wants). It is SO hard -- just don't expect too much from her too early. She sounds totally typical for her age.

So... did you win the lottery?? ;)
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 04, 2007 8:28 PM  
Oh my goodness!! Tomato sauce on an omelet. I definitely would have sent that back!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 06, 2007 2:42 PM  
Happy Anniversary! Don't worry...we celebrate ours of when we started dating too. In April is will be 13 years! Yikes!! LOL Oh, and don't worry about the sharing thing. It takes a while for that!!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 08, 2007 1:49 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger