Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

If it LOOKS organized... Is it?
While I love organization, there are times when I am far from organized. To combat this terrible confession... I have mastered organizing my messes. I have a series of bins in my office that I can put my mail and "other junk" in.

Top Bin: Incoming Mail and Junk.
Second Bin: Looked-at-Mail and I-May-Need-this-Junk.
Third Bin: Needs-to-be-Filed-Mail and I-Cant-Throw-Away-Junk.
Fourth Bin: I-Dont-Have-a-Clue-What-to-Do-with-it-Mail and If-its-Here-I-Cant-see-It-Junk.

Once my bins are uncontrollable... I force myself to go through them all. This morning was one of these times. So I told the husband that he needed to sit down with me while Bubba was taking a nap, so we could figure everything out. Might as well get all the bills ready and/or paid. Make a shopping list. Call people. All the fun stuff. Get everything ready so I could call anyone I needed to on Monday. Go to the post office. WHATEVER.

As I was sifting through everything today I was AMAZED at the amount of forms I had to fill out. New patient forms for the dentist. Forms for work. Forms for Badgercare. Forms for the bank. Forms. Forms. FORMS! Remember when there was a time that filling out forms was fun? ...Or maybe I am the only freak here? I used to just love it!

Today?
I must have used 6 DIFFERENT pens a form because they kept running out. Oh, that is such a pet peeve of mine. Then I kept putting everything in the wrong place. You know when they put the lines on a form all funny and you actually put the information needed UNDER the line? Yeah, well you can pretty much pull that off until you get to the bottom of the form.

BARNICLES! My hand even cramped a couple of times. How pathetic is THAT!? I am just so used to using a computer for everything... I think I am starting to FORGET how to actually write. And I am still trying to figure out when my writing turned to ALL CAPS. Weird huh? Everything I write is ALL CAPS. WTF. I am sure there is some crazy psychological test out there that says I am a little neurotic and completely insane if I write in all caps.

But we knew that already... didnt we?

So now I have all my forms done. Enveloped. Addressed. And ready to go! I filed a ton of stuff and got my bills for next month all ready to go out. Called the electric company and gave them an arm. I wont give my first born anymore... I have a small list of people to call on Monday and have to stop by the post office. Cause... uhm... small confession... I STILL havent mailed off my Mother-in-Laws christmas presents. Am I awful or what?! I think I am going to put a little Easter lovin' in the box and call it early.

My bins are all set to be filled again. But when its all cleaned out I can see the junk in bin 3 and 4. Batteries, duck tape, a deck of cards?, a couple recipes and a vacuum cleaner belt. Brother...
Posted by and rudeness on Saturday, February 24, 2007 at 10:51 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
LOL Good job for cleaning it out! I have about a year's worth of filing I need to do. I keep putting it off.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 25, 2007 5:13 PM  
It's so hard for me to get motivated to do things like this. But once I do, it feels so good!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 26, 2007 11:20 AM  
No, you're not weird, I love filling out forms! Except when my long last name won't fit in the tiny boxes; that annoys me.

I'm the same way, though. My whole life is one big organized mess. I love that feeling though, when it's getting out of control, to sit down and pull out a He-Man effort to take care of everything all at once.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 26, 2007 6:47 PM  
I so remember playing office as a kid and making "forms." LOL!!

In High School, among my friends, we had a running joke of "giving my first born."

"Would you go break up with my boyfriend for me?"

"What will you give me?"

"My first born."

"It's a deal!"
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | February 26, 2007 10:11 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger