Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Playdoh Party at dinner time.
When Mr. Bubba started his gig as a Stay at Home Dad, I left him with an extremely wonderful assignment. Get Bubba to eat solids so we can wean her off of breastfeeding. Easy right? I'm such a fabulous wife.

Yeah, I wasnt falling for it either. It was the biggest concern we had when I went back to work but after Bubba starved for 2 weeks because she has my stubborn trait... she finally gave in... and took to solids quite well actually.

For several months he would feed her solids and when I was home I would breastfeed. Then we slowly started the weaning process further until she was completely eating solids. (I hated that day. I think it was harder for ME to wean off of breastfeeding Bubba than Bubba.)

I noticed that Mr. Bubbas trick was to distract! Bubba from thinking she was eating to just playing with cool shit as Daddy shoves food down her throat. For a couple of weeks we let her play with a 40 foot measuring tape. OMG she thought that was the coolest thing EVER. Then there was the bread ties. Milk rings. What is she a CAT or something? A handful of q-tips. Odds and ends from all over the house. Toys. Markers and pens. Anything and everything that would make her play. I mean distract her. I mean eat!

So obviously this became the norm. And you just. dont. mess. with the norm. So... to this day Bubba has to be eating while playing when in her highchair. The latest round of cool shit to distract! with is playdoh. And we are seriously loving the playdoh right now.

For the last couple days Mr. Bubba had the playdoh all dolled up like a snowman. Then I got the brilliant idea to make a squirrel. WTF. A squirrel Ryan? Why not something like a snowman that resembles 3 CIRCLES. No, I choose a squirrel.

Well, he didnt turn out too bad and Mr. Bubba made a little doggy to go with. And a little doggy bed. With a little doggy pillow. How f'ing cute is that?

I present to you Mr. Squirrel.
And little doggy.
With a little doggy bed.
Little doggy pillow included FREE!

I think she likes the little doggy best.
She was shhhh-ing him to sleep.
In his little doggy bed.
With his little doggy pillow.
Mr. Bubba should make a little doggy blanket too.

Yeah DOGGY!
Yeah SQUIRREL!

In the middle of playing, she looks at me...
Grabs squirrels little nipple...
And says SQUIRREL? Momma BOOBIES!?

I just couldnt live without you Bubba.

Labels: ,

Posted by and rudeness on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 11:20 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Oh, that's hilarious! And you guys are very talented Playdoh sculptors. I don't like to play Playdoh with my kids because the only things I can make that actually look like what they're supposed to be are things like snowmen and snakes. Yours are way cooler.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 18, 2007 7:12 PM  
LOL That is so adorable!! Ryan loves playdoh too...though he mainly makes snakes. LOL So do I. I can't make anything to save my life. "here's a ball, and here's a snake" LOL
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 19, 2007 8:15 AM  
Too cute. I think adults have more fun with kids' toys than the kids do sometimes. You never get too old for play-doh.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 19, 2007 10:11 AM  
Wow those are really good! You've got talent I must say. Yeah I have no skills with playdoh what-so-ever! I think I maily just ate the playdoh growing up...Never really got around to actualy playing with it!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 19, 2007 2:05 PM  
Dude, that squirrel is awesome. I kind of want it for myself.
Posted by Blogger Whitney | February 19, 2007 3:08 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger