Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Sometimes I forget why I am there.
I have been at my current job just over a year now and the honeymoon phase?... IS GONE. I absolutely love my job. I love what I do. I could just do without half the people. Sometimes I feel like I went to school and spent a shitton of money and time for nothing.

I hate that they treat me like some young kid that doesnt know what they are doing. Is it cause I AM doing what I am suppose to?

Growing up I always and forever had a problem with feeling like I was being treated like a kid. I wont lie, I didnt have it easy as a kid and grew up quite young. I was forced at times to be in situations were I HAD to be older than my age.

I have no ill feelings towards this fact. But when I am treated like a child... boy it irritates the hell out of me. More than anything I hate being talked OVER. And just because I am only 26, doesnt mean I havent been through more than a 40 year old.

Cause trust me, I have lived the life of an 80 year old.
Posted by and rudeness on Monday, February 26, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
We are at opposite emds of the spectrum. I dont work outside the home but I constantly feel like people think I am old. I started having kids late, at 29. Four kids later and I am 41. I mostly feel old among you young blogger whippersnappers.
Posted by Blogger Denise | February 27, 2007 12:45 AM  
That must be frustrating. Maybe if you dazzle them with your superior skills and knowledge, they will change their attitudes! ... Or maybe not, because unfortunately some people never seem to get a clue. And sometimes people are just stupid. At least you can take comfort in knowing you're not one of them.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 27, 2007 7:06 AM  
I know exactly where you are coming from. I grew up really fast. I HAD to though. I got married at 19, moved to a new state, and am living a great life, but it hasn't been easy. I have been at my job about 13 months now, and I LOVE IT, but like you said it could be a lot better. Girl I feel your pain. Just hang in there, and know you're not alone.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 27, 2007 1:45 PM  
I can relate to the age thing, even though I'm older than you. I'm actually younger than both people that I supervise and so it hasn't been easy to work with gaining their respect and dealing with the little hoity-toity attitudes they sometimes get. Plus they have both been with the company much longer, so that only adds to it. And working with mostly women isn't so fun either, because it's no big secret that women can be total beeotches to each other in the workplace! LOL ;p
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 27, 2007 9:04 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger