Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Tidbits of Me, Tuesday.
I was born in the Great Land of Cheese... I now live in the Great Land of arctic-blasts-that-last-for-weeks-on-end Cheese. And while you could safely assume from a sentence like that I was born here and have been here ever since... that is SOOOO not the case. My little life thus far has been FILLED with moving.

In fact, let me throw some statistics at you and give a little explanation of each:

I have lived in 6 states:
Wisconsin, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia, Michigan and Alabama.
Being an army brat defiantly meant moving quite a bit. And it never meant moving across town, it seemed like every move we made... took us to the OTHER side of the country. Twice I ended up BACK in Texas. My stint in Michigan was short lived. It was my first semester of college right out of high school when I thought I wanted to be a cop. I failed out because I thought beating my best time in Minesweeper was more important than class. It was worth it cause afterwards... I realized that being a cop? NOT for me.

I have moved 20 times since birth:
17 of them after the age of 5.
My first number was 23. Damn. Then I had to think about what I consider a "move." If I took ALL of my belongings from one location to the next... it was a move. That would remove the 4 months I lived with a friend in high school, the couple months I lived with Mr. Bubba before he moved in with me and the time that I couldnt stand my roommates anymore and moved in with a friend for a couple months.

I have visited 44 states:
I havent been to Alaska, Hawaii, California, Maine, Oregon or Florida.
The year after I failed out of college the first time and as I was a recovering Minesweeper addict, I worked for Hardee's traveling around the country opening new stores when Carl's Jr bought them out. It was a pretty sweet job and I got to see a lot of the country. And a lot of fry vats, dirty bathrooms and airports too. Don't miss that part!

Then after that I worked for a company traveling the country doing multimedia presentations in public schools. Damn, more dirty bathrooms in that job too. AND bratty kids. But between those 2 jobs and all the traveling on top of my Dad being in the Army... I have gotten to see a lot of the US.

From Pre-K to 12th grade I went to 14 schools total:
Only 1 school I went 2 consecutive years.
This is a hard one for me. When I would make friends, it seemed as soon as I got to really know them, I was saying goodbye. I was always so jealous of people that have had friends FOREVER. We've known each other since kindergarten! I think that is such a beautiful concept!! There are only a couple of people that I occasionally keep in contact with since high school. And I am talking a birthday email or a card here and there. Nothing as neat as swapping stories from my childhood we shared.

So, to summarize the places I have been...
Favoritest place ever... EVER: Seattle, Washington

Cleanest place:
Annapolis, Maryland
I dont think I saw any trash, ANYWHERE.

Funnest place: Casper, Wyoming

Most memorable:
Austin, Texas

Best BBQ: Tie Cyclone, Texas & St Louis, Missouri

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 10:35 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
This is so interesting! I've lived in NY my whole life and I am really looking forward to moving later this year and getting to know a different part of the country. I'm someone who's never really had the means to travel widely but have always wanted to, so it always makes me a little jealous to hear about people who have lived all over the place.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 14, 2007 8:35 AM  
Do you remember where you visited in KY? What was your impression? Please don't say no shoes or teeth!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 14, 2007 12:43 PM  
Wow! At least you are well versed! I lived in the same house for the first 20 years of my life. I cried hysterically for a week when I had to move. And we only moved 3 miles away!! Lived there for 4 years and then got married and moved out. (and still only lived about 5 miles away!).
Yes, I'm also one of those "I've known here since we were 5" people.
But I'm sure you have tons of stories to tell of the places you have been!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 14, 2007 1:06 PM  
Wow you have seen many many places in your life. I have been to 15 states so far, and hope to see many more. It's great being able to travel. Growing up I moved 4 times on the SAME road, in a total of 9 years! Let me tell ya how much fun that was.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 15, 2007 3:54 PM  
We are currently living the military life. In our ten years of marriage, we have moved 8 times. My oldest child has never been to the same school for two consecutive years. We just moved from Ft. Lewis, WA. I agree with you--the Seattle area has been my favorite place in all this moving. But FL is home and I can't wait to set down roots at the end of all this.
Posted by Blogger Kristi | February 16, 2007 2:15 PM  
Emily,
Oh I have some memories of Kentucky. And they are good... and I THINK everyone involved had teeth AND shoes.

The job I mentioned where I did multimedia shows in public schools...

I was living in south Texas when I took that job and once I said yes! they said... Get to Lexington, KY by Saturday. Morning. Uhm, it was Thursday afternoon.

Flights were too expensive for me ON THE SPOT so I opted to take the bus. And I was on that FREAKING bus for 26 hours non-stop.

I was never so glad to stand in one place for more than 10 minutes than in Lexington, KY. I might have even dropped to my knees and kissed the ground.
Posted by Blogger and rudeness | February 16, 2007 10:00 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger