Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Tidbits of Me, Tuesday.
I've mentioned before that I am a dog lover. The hubbie? Dirty cat lover all. the. way. We have to disagree on some things right? In that same previous mentioning I talked about how hard it was for me to make the decision to give my boys a better life than cramped quarters and an infant that we fussed over more than them. So my boys... Noah and Connor... are now on a big, huge farm. Free to run. Play. Dig. Roll in... ew... whatever, and they. love. it. there. and THAT is what makes me so happy.


Noah is the one underneath Connor. If you can see them... lol... I actually got the couch after I had both of them and then realized... they all match! Noah is a mutt but mostly Great Pyrenees while Connor is a full bred Standard Poodle.

While on spring break my first year in college... let me rephrase... technically my second year/attempt at college but my first year when I actually went to school... I decided to get a dog. Growing up we always had animals, and being an animal lover and adult, I figured it was time to get my very own puppy. However, not having done this before... I figured the best place to start? Petsmart.

When I got to Petsmart they told me to go to the local Humane Society for the dogs but if I wanted a kitten?, they had plenty that needed homes. Uhmmm... didnt I just tell you I wanted a DOG. Oh, okay, can I see that cute tabby?

So as I was filling out the adoption papers for the tabby, Nikon, I asked directions to the Humane Society...

Nikon could open the cabinet and get in.
Then close the cabinet.
And gave me a HEART ATTACK EVERY SINGLE TIME I opened the door.

When I got to the Humane Society it took me all of 6.7 seconds to fall in love with Noah. There were 6 puppies in the litter... 5 girls and 1 boy. All the girls were asleep IN the dog igloo and Noah was ON of it just begging me to take him home.

So I fill out the paperwork and was ready to take my little Noah home. As I was getting little scared Noah in the car with totally freaked out Nikon... I realize that I had done this entire process wrong. I mean other than getting a cat ALSO... I hadnt gotten ANY food, litter, toys, treats, collars, brushes... NOTHING. Smart. one. Ryan. (Thank goodness I figured out the whole planning thing by the time Bubba arrived in my life!)

So now I have to head back to Petsmart.

RRRR. RRRR. OMG... my truck? wont? start? OK. RRRRRrrrrr....... flatline. You have GOT to be shitting me. Okay. Dont freak out your already totally freaked out, new animals anymore than they currently are. Okay.

Call a friend. And explain that not only has my truck died and you need to pick me up? I have TWO animals with me. Thank you, please be here in like... NOW. Oh, and we are going to Petsmart too... I dont see you yet?... Where are you?!

My friend saved the day and I got Nikon and Noah home just fine. And with everything I thought my little fuzz balls would need. And more.

The next day I called my hero friend again, to take me to my truck. The piece of crap. So I get to the Humane Society and realize something really strange. Where is my truck? Yep, you got it. Someone. stole. it. My heap-o-junk. All that "they" left of my truck were the papers from the glove box, thrown all over the parking lot. Nice.

When I was filling out Noah's adoption papers
they told me he would be about 60lbs full grown.
At 110lbs, I realized they lied to me.

When I brought Noah home, he and I spent every moment together and with my light school load, we were always together. He went with me everywhere. When my Fall semster started and I became Student Government President and I started working in the Student Activities office... our time was greatly reduced. And he got seperation anxiety. Bad. Very bad.

I would come home to the garabge can and ALL OF ITS CONTENTS in my bed. The litter box ALL OVER THE COUCH. My living room area rug shredded into. little. pieces. all over the house. Then I tried crating him... and all THAT did was drain my bank account. No matter how big and metal and expensive the cage was? He would get out.

When I came home and he had broken out of the cage. Out of the room via a huge HOLE IN THE DOOR and shredded EVERY BLIND on EVERY window... I knew I had to get help. I talked with a vet and he signed me up with a Dog Psychiatrist. Yes, you heard me. A Psychiatrist.

That worked for awhile and then he prescribed Noah a medicine called Clomacom. After a couple months that stopped working. Last resort? Well, Ryan why dont you try getting another dog.

WHAT?! So I can have TWO dogs destroying my house? Sure, absolutely. I will do anything. And thats why I got Connor. He was a surprise happening... I had no idea visiting a friend that I would be bringing home a dog. But it worked out. And Noah IMMEDIATLY calmed down. Sweet.

I miss having animals so much and I hope that sometime this year we can get a puppy. I think it is "time" and Bubba would LOOOOVE a DOGGEEE?! so much.

What kind of animal lover are you? Cat? Dog? Rabbit?

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 10:17 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Dogs are definitely cooler than cats. In fact, cats aren't cool at all. They're sneaky!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 20, 2007 10:36 AM  
I am 100% a dog lover, but Evie has decided that she LOVES cats. We have two dogs right now and she likes them ok, but whenever she sees a cat? She goes nuts. I think I'm eventually going to break down and get her one. It's just... it's just... It's a CAT. Ugh. The things I will do for my daughter.
Posted by Blogger Whitney | February 20, 2007 1:27 PM  
Awww, no love for cats here? I love cats because they are sneaky and lazy and all "I don't need you. In fact I'm going to pretend I don't even notice you most of the time, silly human." But I also love dogs, though they always have more energy than I do. I get tired just looking at them sometimes. And I like rabbits, too, come to think of it. Especially the big fat fuzzy ones.

The housing we're in now doesn't allow pets, but once we move you can bet we'll have a zoo. All of my boys (including the BF) LOVE dogs, and Evan is crazy about animals of all kinds, really. Greg keeps trying to convince me that we should get rats and reptiles, but that is where I draw the line, thank you very much. I like my pets to be cute and cuddly.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 20, 2007 1:51 PM  
I am a dog lover all the way. I think cats are cute...but I'm seriously allergic to them and find I'm not having fun around them. Those are the cutest pics. Except for the ones of bubba of course.
Posted by Blogger Jolynn | February 20, 2007 4:55 PM  
I miss my puppy. It was a happy day when we brought her home.

I am a dog lover, and a cat disliker, but my husband is the other way around (thankfully, I tend to get my way).
Posted by Blogger Jay | February 20, 2007 11:44 PM  
I have to say I'm a cat lover all the way. I had bad experiences with dogs growing up, so it turned me off to the whole dog idea. I don't mind dogs that I know, but I'd much rather have a cat. There so soft and cuddly, oh and they purrrr. It's great. As for rabbits, I used to own them, and they were aweful. They were so mean. I had scratches up and down my arms all the time. Eventually we let them go free. By the way very cute pics of your dogs!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 21, 2007 8:02 AM  
What a cute story! I bet you miss your dogs.
I'm a cat lover without a doubt! I used to love dogs. Now they are ok, but I so much prefer cats. I have one cat and she is my first baby. They can be very amusing if you get the right kind of personality!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 21, 2007 8:29 AM  
Oh man. I think when we were younger I loved cats more b/c Scarlett was MINE. :) But then, I met Cali. Cali changed my life. :) I'm glad that Bubba asks for her everyday. I talked to Greg about it yesterday. He said for sure we can figure out a time to drop her off/visit for a few weeks. :)
Also, YOUR TRUCK WAS STOLEN? I have never heard that story! I was reading your blog in the dorm kitchen and I all the sudden was like "oh DAMN!" and everyone was like "WHAT?!" and I was like "*blush* oh...uh...I'm just reading my sister's blog again."
hahha.
Love you sis.
Great post as always. :)
Posted by Blogger Erinzillaud | February 22, 2007 10:52 AM  
I'm pretty much a dog person. My heart will forever belong to my red heeler named "June Bug." I was so happy for her when my brother moved her out with him out in the country. She lived out her days chasing down pheasant and killing and eating bull snakes.

I'm currently cat sitting my brothers cats. He moved and couldn't take them with him. Of course that was over 10 years ago so at some point I'm going to have to call them mine. ;)
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | February 22, 2007 8:15 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger