Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

I'm starting to think the world is ending.
Well that would be what it looks like outside at this very moment. I cannot even begin to explain to you the state of terrified excitement I am in right now. At 4:00 o'clock today my boss told us all to go home. At 4:04pm it started snowing and as of 5:34pm... SIX INCHES have fallen already.

A total snowfall of 10-14 inches... heavy snow... 1 to 2 inches an hour... snow through Friday... snow... sleet... ice... strong winds...Travel difficult to impossible... very difficult to shovel...

Very difficult to shovel. Good thing I am married. :)

This storm has been brewing for a couple of days and I am very positive I am not alone in this storm. It is massive and has caused havoc and disaster all over the United States. As I was tracking this storm when I came home... I saw that 14 people died in Alabama and Missouri as tornadoes touched down today. My heart goes out to those families.


This picture was taken about 20 minutes into the storm and you can already see the snow piling up. The winds are howling. The temperatures are falling. (Well I know you cant SEE the winds howling and the temperatures... I was just describing the scene. Smartasses.)

On Tuesday afternoon as this storm was taking shape I told my husband that I would not be doing my Thursday night shopping spree for groceries and supplies. So that evening I went and got a couple of things that I knew we would need through the weekend... cause with the storm... I knew there would be no getting out.

When I was at the store I noticed that all the gallons of water were empty from the shelves. There was barely any milk or bread. That made me panic. Cause when Wisconsinites start to panic about a snowstorm. I PANIC BIG TIME. Cause every storm until now has just been good ole Wisconsin weather.

Not this one.

Anyone else in this mess?
Posted by and rudeness on Thursday, March 01, 2007 at 5:29 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
No snow here in Arizona, but it has definitely definitely been good as heck! And when I say heck, I mean it's like 42 degrees when I leave for work in the morning. Did you just laugh at me? Hey! 42 is hella cold for AZ. I'm too used to 115 degree summers, and not at all a fan of freezing my arse off. It is beyond nipply here! But 27 degrees? I would diiiieeee! Seriously, stuff would start shriveling up and falling off! ;p Keep that adorable little Bubba girl warm! And you too R! :)
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | March 01, 2007 7:12 PM  
HUGE effin' mess here! I can't believe the snow we've had in the last couple hours. It started to fall at about 1 today. My boss said, if there's stuff we can do from home, then go. Of course, I did.

Ya, then the freezing rain comes later tonight. The commute tomorrow is going to be a beaut!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | March 01, 2007 7:51 PM  
No bad weather to report this way, thank goodness! We've just had rain all day..arrrr it was so hard to get up for work this morning. Rain tend to make me veeerrryyy sleepy! Take care up there and STAY WARM if that is possible.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | March 01, 2007 8:39 PM  
Nope. I may be in WI, but I'm in the very southern part of WI. We got some freezing rain (with thunder and lightening mind you...that was freaky) and then a few hours later it turned to all rain. Our snow on the ground is melting because of the rain. In fact, we haven't had a big snow storm since the one back in the beginning of Dec. The one that came last week that dumped 1-2 feet of snow in some areas only gave us 2 inches. yes, that's right. Just 2 inches. I felt jipped. LOL
Good luck hon.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | March 02, 2007 8:19 AM  
Not yet, but they're predicting we may get some of that this weekend. Stay safe and go play in the snow!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | March 02, 2007 10:35 AM  
Oh, that looks terrible! We're finally getting some warmer weather here in NY after a couple of minor storms, and i"m so glad. Hopefully warmer weather will be heading your way before too long too! Keep safe and warm!!
Posted by Blogger Heidi | March 02, 2007 11:38 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger