Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Spoiled ROTTEN.
You rang?
And sometimes among my SEA of TOYS
I MAY acknowledge you.

Since Bubba was born, my husband and I have made sure that no matter what, Bubba has had everything she needed. And wanted. Seemingly lately.... just wanted. We dont have the checkbook to get her EVERYTHING... but pretty damn close to everything she has ever wanted. When they are young you can make anything a dollar seem like a thousand.

Bubba overall is an angel so I dont mind getting her a little something here and there when we go out. And if I go somewhere without her, if I see something she would like, I'll get it for her. I mean, who can go to Target WITHOUT getting a couple of useless things from the One Spot. Because I tell you... Target is GENIUSES for inventing the One Spot!! I heart the One Spot.

For the last couple of months Bubba has had a sudden attraction to watching movies on my husband and I's computers. She will get her blanket, the toy of the day, her juice cup and then crawl up into the office chair loudly demanding that "Bubba watch ____ (usually the movie Cars) on the compute!"

Of course my husband being the computer nerd that he is, smiles from ear to ear and says, "THAT'S my girl." I know by the time my daughter is 5 SHE will be the one fixing MY computer when it fails to do whatever I want.

We thought that maybe Bubba's love for the computer would wear off... wouldnt it be more fun to watch a movie in the living room? On the couch. Wrapped in a blanket? Oh no. Not this Bubba. So we switch her from computer to computer depending on what my husband or I need on our own computer. That can be quite frustrating for us and Bubba. In the 30 seconds it takes to switch her around she will throw the fit of the CENTURY and scream and kick because WE INTERRUPTED HER! How DARE us.

We have been contemplating setting up a computer for her. We have enough spare parts to put together a computer that would be more than adequate for her. My daughter. At 2. With her own computer. Yeah. We live in a different world than when I was TWO!

The only part we didnt have for her computer was a monitor. So we have been looking around and hoping to pick up a cheap one. And I have been looking for a desk or something similar for her to have her computer on. Then we made a startling realization.

Hello. Does she really NEED an entire computer? So when we saw this TV. Saw that it was a Spongebob TV. We knew we hit pay dirt. So to further the theme... we saw this table and chair set. OMG. Spongebob everything!! We were in heaven!!

And of course so is Bubba. Pure. Unadulterated Spongebob heaven. (And I tell you, those little chairs are like THE CUTEST THING EVER!) Oh how she shrieked! And exclaimed "BongeBob TV?! Bongebob sit down! TWO Bongebob sit down! Bongebob table!" So now she is set up in the office with Mr. Bubba and I and she has brought in all of her little toys to sit with her and she makes sure they are all lined up! and in order! to watch Bongebob! TV!


And you know whats sad as I look at those particular toys. About 95% of them are from McDonald's happy meals. JeezSUS. She really IS spoiled rotten. Cause just about every time we pass those Golden Arches she says "FREN FRY!! BUBBA FREN FRY! Bubba HUNgry!" And we go. Like obedient parents. Barf.

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Sunday, April 01, 2007 at 7:25 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
The sweetest part of this post is the absolute adoration of Bubba that runs throughout it. You're crazy for her!
Posted by Blogger Jocelyn | April 01, 2007 9:36 PM  
LOL That just shows that you love her. :) She's so cute!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | April 02, 2007 7:29 AM  
You know who lives in a pineapple under the sea. Yes you do.
Posted by Blogger That Chick Over There | April 03, 2007 8:45 AM  
She is such a cutie!!! I love this age. It's hard not to get them everything.
Posted by Blogger Jolynn | April 04, 2007 10:01 AM  
Okay, not to be a jerk, but I'm so anti-fast-food and so into nutrition that I just have to say, do you know how bad McDonald's food is for kids?! So, so bad. I won't go on, because I could really get obnoxious on this topic, but really. Please don't give her lots of McDonald's. Please.

But the SpongeBob TV? Cute. The toys lined up on her little table are even cuter. And I don't think it's necessarily spoiling her, it's not like she demanded her own TV and table and chairs, but it's something you bought because you love her and wanted to make her happy. There is a difference between doing nice things for your child, and giving in to their every desire, and it doesn't sound like you're doing that. I agree with Jocelyn that you can see the adoration for your little girl jumping off the screen!
Posted by Blogger Heidi | April 06, 2007 9:49 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger