Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Tidbits of Me, Tuesday.
I would really like to get better about posting a Tidbits of Me, Tuesday in which it could be read, by the masses... oh yes, the masses... ON TUESDAY. You know like... THUS THE TITLE. But, as I fail at much... I fail at being prepped and prepared for anything that I plan. Pertaining to a "Schedule of Posting" anyways... cause let me tell you... I was prepped and prepared for 10 MONTHS ahead of time for Bubba to come into this world. (Okay, maybe less the 9 weeks that I didnt have a CLUE I was pregnant.)

Damn. Where am I heading with all this? As my girl over at Adventures in Baby Fat would say... ONWARD!

Six days ago when I got home from the Day of the Evil MRI I decided that I would go on a diet. Not just a casual diet. But a STRICT diet that would for sure show results. Results that would guarantee a more successful time at my next MRI in six months. So my goal is to lose 50 pounds in the next 6 months.

I am by no means a HUUUUUUUUGE girl. I am just a little on the heavier side of delicate. Maybe just HUGE. Yeah, thats what we'll say. I have NEVER been satisfied with my weight... what woman ever has?

So Mandacakes has been sharing her Fitness Broo-ha-ha with me and I have been eagerly taking in every bit of advice. Even though she claims that all this diet information is boring... I am soaking it up.

And I have been buying a TON of veggies and fruits. Whole wheat and healthy grains. I am actually to the point that candy and sugars are like poison. I just dont want them. Having a donut at work is the LAST thing I want. So in that sense... this diet is going very well!! And I do feel great. I even started riding my bike to work. Yeah!

The only thing that has really sucked about the whole diet thing is... my body is a little freaked out. I have had a little higher gas build up and some seriously industrial waste smelling number 2s. ICK! But moving right along.

So other than squirming in my chair a little more at work... trying to hold back the little toots that want to escape... I have also had the hiccups. A lot. The hiccups that cut deep and nothing will take them away. As I sit there at work downing water and holding my breath, I continue to jump with every hiccup and sometimes those little bastards escape right out of my mouth. The audacity!

So yesterday when one of my male co-workers walked past my desk and a hiccup let loose... he looked at me with a little smirk on his face and asked if there was anything he could do to help.

I politely looked him in the eye and said, "I will rip BOTH of your balls off and shove them down your THROAT if you think for a moment that you are going to scare them away."

See the thing is... I am not a fan of being scared. Are there any people that ARE fans of being scared? Yeah, I know there are some freaks out there that LIKE to be scared. Anyways, I have always had an unnatural phobia of loud noises and being scared. I think it started with my EXTREMELY unnatural HATE of balloons.

Yeah, thats right. Bring one of those babies around me and I panic. Full blown terror. I feel I can admit this to you... the masses... because I know that none of you will use this to your advantage and try and chase me down with a balloon. I mean, please dont. PLEASE!

At my 5th birthday party, at Wendy's!, we played this game where there are balloons all over the floor. In the allotted time you have to SIT on as many as you can and pop them. (My heartbeat just went up to 100 as I am typing this...) Well, I lost the game. Lame huh? The BIRTHDAY GIRL LOST.

Since I was the LOSER... my (competitive, military) father picked me up and started setting me on balloons and popping them, telling me and SHOWING me how easy POP! the game
POP! was and POP! for the love of Christ POP! RYAN, why couldnt you do this?

So... uhm... yeah. I have NEVER liked balloons pretty much since then. Which has turned into a HATE for them popping. That lead to every LOUD noise... scaring the living crap out of me. Car backfire? JUMP! Dog bark unexpectedly? Three years off my life. Something fall to the floor? Out of my skin!

Which in the end? Great. Way to go. Cause I have to maintain a steady heartrate and blood pressure but my husband thinks its funny when I jump. Bastard. Hes lucky I love him. Cause if I didnt? He would have had his balls shoved down his throat a long time ago.

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:50 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Good for you for your weight-loss goal. It sounds like you're being really healthy about it too (healthy foods and exercise) instead of doing one of those stupid fad diets. Hope it works for you. :)

I do like being scared. Well, I like scary movies when I know it's not real. I don't like being genuinely scared in real life. But I'm sorry, I find it really funny that you're scared of balloons. I hate that squeaky noise they make, but otherwise I'm pretty indifferent to them.

Oh! My hiccups cure -- swallow a big spoonful of peanut butter. Works for me and my family about 99.9% of the time.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | April 25, 2007 9:47 AM  
Haha! Yes, ONWARD! I laughed. Out loud even!

1. I hate the hiccups. HATE THEM! When I was pregnant with my daughter she had hiccups about every 20 minutes for three months straight. Further proof that children live to torture their parents and it is a biological urge for them.

2. Veggies and toots. Ha. Why does something so good for us do something so strange to us?

3. I hate being scared. HATE being scared. I react violently. Well, if dirty looks and a loud, "JERK!" is violent. Is it? Hmm.

4. I love (you hear that? LOOOOOVE) the "heavier side of delicate" or whatever it was. I love it so much I'm going to use it. Which should prove something to people. My love is not free. I steal.

Lastly, I'm glad you're doing so well and working for a healthier you. It's difficult. It's a PITA but it's worth it. And so are you!
Posted by Blogger Adventures in Baby Fat | April 25, 2007 3:35 PM  
Good for you for doing the diet thing! Keep it up! Your body will get used to it. It's just a little freaked out right now because it's not used to being healthy! LOL
Oh...and I am a jumper too. Hate loud noises. My hubby also thinks it's hilarious to make me jump. Let's just hope our hubbies don't get together anytime....they'd freak us both out.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | April 26, 2007 7:16 AM  
I absolutely hate balloons too. We used to play that game at church camp, and I would cringe. I don't understand how balloons don't make everyone uncomfortable.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | April 26, 2007 9:14 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger