Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Why April is going to be the BEST MONTH EVER.
When this year started I was going the I'm-NOT-making-any-resolutions-and-just-going-to-be-more-optimistic route and while that worked good and well until March hit... then I was Tattooed. Pierced. and Mohawked. all in the same weekend AFTER a month filled with everything that could go wrong DID.

Trust me, more than a THOUSAND TIMES I said as March was coming to a close, "Uhm yeah, I cant WAIT for this month to be over. Like now. Cause I cant take anymore."

Then I barely noticed as April started. It wasnt until my brother-in-law tried to pull a fast one on me and gave me the good ole APRIL FOOLS! joke that made my mind race and question if I was sane or not. No. It was a sign. I had just passed out of a month gone all wrong.

Which brings us to the punchline!

Since April 1st I have had only one migraine. One. In 4 days. Hot damn.

Since April 2nd, when I returned to work after 7 days off being sick, I have accomplished more work than I thought possible. My creativeness has been sparked and I am "on fire!"

Since April 3rd, I landed a freelance job that will ensure any time off that I had because I used ALL of my personal days and ALL of my vacation days in March, will not put my husband and I in a financial bind like first thought.

And on this day I found out that I am a finalist on the Best of Blogs for Parenting. I mean wow... parenting. Like woah. I threw a little piece up on the sidebar. Its my first ever blogland award. I am alittle excited to say the least. And the thing is? I havent even won or anything, I was just a finalist.

Since April 4th... and holy shit that would be TODAY... my husband walked into a interview and HAD THE JOB before he opened his mouth to say hi. That's right folks. We will soon be a TWO INCOME FAMILY! Hot damn again!!

April 7th is my birthday.

April 16th is my girls birthday. (And there is PLENTY of satisfaction in knowing that I am the more mature and wise NINE ENTIRE DAYS OLDER one here.)

And I know there are better days ahead and things to look forward to. Finally. So please... do a little happy dance and think good thoughts about April. PLEASE! It's gonna be the BEST MONTH EVER!

Posted by and rudeness on Wednesday, April 04, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Yay!! Congrats on being a finalist!! And it looks like this month is looking up for you!! woo hoo!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | April 05, 2007 7:02 AM  
Go vote for our favorite girl at http://www.thebestofblogs.com/2007/03/30/best-parenting-blog-vote-here/
Posted by Blogger MandaCakes | April 05, 2007 8:22 AM  
I will vote right after I post!! Congratulations!

And really, April looks awesome so far! And you are deserving.

And a two-income family? WOOT! Congrats to hubby!!
Posted by Blogger Adventures in Baby Fat | April 05, 2007 11:49 AM  
Oh I will be voting every day. I mean, it's the least I could after nominating you and all. ;)
Posted by Blogger Whitney | April 05, 2007 3:02 PM  
Congrats on the Best of Blogs! I went and voted for you. It would be so cool if you win. Then I can brag that I am blog-friends with the Best Parenting Blog blogger!

Have a happy birthday tomorrow! Treat yourself to something nice, you deserve it after that rotten month of March.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | April 06, 2007 9:52 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger