Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Draining my sanity and pocketbook.

If someone were to ask for directions to my house at this moment in time, my directions would consist of phrases like, “Yeah, see that cloud of dust in the air on the horizon? Drive towards that,” or “You’ll come up on a sign that says ROAD CLOSED, ignore it,” or “Make sure you drive far to the left once you turn onto Bumblefuck Avenue, cause you will bottom out otherwise.”

The Great city of Bumblefuck, in which I am currently imprisoned in, thought it would be a fabulous idea to divert traffic from the highway to RIGHT INFRONT OF MY HOUSE. They are tearing up the road and installing new water pipes and shoulders and telephone polls and everything else that highways need and that our highway was currently lacking.

I understand the construction happens. I understand that in order for us here in Bumblefuck to begin to catch up with rest of the world we have to grow. We have to have 2 lane highways with SHOULDERS. And for that, I am willing to applaud my little town for “moving Forward.”

But.

But.

But.

How for the LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY did they think that diverting traffic IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE was a good idea? It is literally the ONLY gravel road in all of Bumblefuck. ONE BLOCK... ONE. SHORT. BEARLY. ONE. LANE. BLOCK. And the road construction diversion of 2007 starts on THIS said block.

In front of my house.

Gravel road.

Lots of extra traffic.

Gravel...

You see where I am going here? Gravel = Dirt. Which equals a very pissed off and annoyed Ryan. All this traffic has created a very large amount of dust in the air. And of course we in Wisconsin are known for our "red gravel." So there is a thick layer of this healthy reddish/orange shit EVERYWHERE. Like lets take a look see at my van. It only took 3 days for it to look like this.

Just straight COVERED in dirt. Sure, I can go get a car wash... and I have gotten several... but that costs money. And I dont have THAT just readily available. And speaking of not having money for all the car washes, I figured I would try this approach:

I got several honks on the WAY to the car wash but the Mayor didnt SUDDENLY appear out of nowhere and fork over any cash. Bastard.

After about a week of the construction beginning I started noticing little things that have even furthered my hate for the road diversion from hell. I have bought more windshield wiper fluid in the last week than I have in 5 years. Like 2 bottles already. Jesus.

And you can see with the picture below... the dirt adds up. Fine layer... QUICKLY.

So combined with the fact that us here in Wisconsin dont believe in air conditioners... I have all the windows in my house open with fans blowing to cool off every square inch of my house. Which of course is only HELPING the dust from OUTSIDE come INSIDE.

It. is. everywhere.

I cant keep my bathroom sink clean. I cant leave my towel from the shower on the back of the bathroom door... cause whats the point in showering if I dry off with DIRT? I cant leave the CLEAN dishes in the dish rack for more than 30 seconds.

I am so tired of dusting. And dusting. I have used all of my cleaning supplies.

I have noticed that my husband, Bubba and I have all had stuffy, runny noses. There goes all the Kleenex.

Then yesterday my husband hands me his BRAND NEW GLASSES and says, "Look at all the scratches?! What in the hell is going on?! My glasses are damn near ruined and I dont understand!!"

Then it clicked.

We both looked at each other with big eyes and said "DAMNIT!" in unison. Yeah, thats right. All the dust in the air... all the dust on our glasses... is also all over our clothing... so we are just GRINDING the dirt right into our glasses when we clean them off.

Nice huh?

All the amount of complaining we have done to the city, my landlord and the police has done NOTHING. There are other ways to divert this traffic. Think they are listening? Of course not! Not to mention that as they have diverted traffic, the city sends out these HUGE trucks to "grate" the road (because... you know... GRAVEL roads become POT HOLE OBSTACLE COURSES FROM HELL with the amount of traffic out there and instead of doing this DAILY why not just divert traffic to a PAVED ROAD?!) and as they do this... the make the road WIDER with each and every day that passes. I can no longer park either of our vehicles perpendicular to the house. We have to park them sideways and just about ON THE FRONT PORCH to keep them from being out in the road.

I am sorry to say this but I doubt this will be the last time you hear about this. It has "infected" every function of my normal day life and I just cant stand it anymore.

Posted by and rudeness on Wednesday, July 04, 2007 at 8:03 AM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
I am so in love with you! You're so freakin' funny Ryan!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | July 04, 2007 10:02 AM  
Hurry back to Texas - it's only flooding down here - no dirt!

(You're seriously funny!)

Love ya,

Lisa
Posted by Blogger BCMS Foundation | July 04, 2007 10:56 PM  
I'm sorry for your woes, that really sucks; but man you are making me laugh my ass off (and that is a very very good thing because I have a rather ample derriere)
Posted by Blogger Natalie | July 05, 2007 3:09 PM  
You totally crack me up! Sorry for your troubles, but love the pictures!
Posted by Blogger EE | July 08, 2007 8:21 PM  
I really feel like I need to go take a shower now.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | July 09, 2007 2:48 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger