Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Sometimes I wish life had an Easy Button.
These last few weeks have completed changed who I am as a person... completely transforming who I am in every aspect of my role on this planet. I feel like I have been STUCK on an emotional and mental rollercoaster ride from hell.

Cause damn...
These past few weeks? SSSShhhhhhuuuuuu...

When my friend called me to tell me her son had passed, I fell to pieces. I couldnt wrap my mind around the thought that something so awful, something so terrible, something so horrible could happen like that. So sudden. I ran to her side. And I had no idea what to do. What to be for her. So I just was. I was at her side as much as I could be. And even though it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do... anytime she asks me to be there. I will be. Cause my God... thats the only thing I can do.

The following week I had two great aunts pass away. One on my Dad's side of the family and one on my Mom's side of the family. Both completely special and dear to me in their own unique ways. Both lived full and happy lives totally devoted to their families. Their passings both came on suddenly and hit me hard. My Aunt Wandas passing (My Moms - Dads - sister... you with me?) made me feel like I was losing my Grandpa all over again. Mandacakes explained it very well in her beautiful post dedicated to Aunt Wanda titled With Love and Sorrow.

The night before My Aunts funeral I went to Madison to pick up my sister. We joined my parents the next day and it was good for all of us to be together. My Aunts funeral was beautiful, filled with laughter and stories... just the way she would have wanted it.

There are many other stories and events throughout the past two... almost three weeks that I am sure will come over the next couple weeks that have tested every aspect of my sanity (cause there are some gooood and entertaining stories about work! GRRRR!) but I wanted to at least share some of what has been going on. The last couple of days have been great to be honest though. Thank goodness there is good stuff to report too! One of my sisters is expecting and her baby shower was this weekend and my daughter turns three on Monday... my little baby is going to be THREE. THREE!

THREE!! Did you hear me?

Goodness. My Moms birthday is next Wednesday so we had a combination DAUGHTER-slash-MOM birthday WHOPPER of a party on Saturday! Pictures will definitely be coming soon.

I have missed everyone and hope to hop back into Blogland soon. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and emails over the last couple days. They have meant ALOT to me.
Posted by and rudeness on Monday, August 13, 2007 at 9:07 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Sorry about your aunts!
Posted by Blogger Denise | August 19, 2007 10:54 PM  
Sorry to hear all the bad news.
=(

I'm sure you will never know how much your friend appreciates you being there.

Glad you're back in blogland....we've missed you!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | August 20, 2007 6:40 AM  
Boy, you've been through the wringer. So sorry for your losses. Hang in there!
Posted by Blogger EE | August 20, 2007 4:59 PM  
Sorry to hear about all the sorrow, but I am glad to see you back! I was getting worried!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | August 20, 2007 9:01 PM  
That's rough hon. I hope everything is on an upswing now.
Posted by Blogger That Chick Over There | August 23, 2007 7:00 AM  
So sorry to hear about all that. I hope things get better for you. Glad to see you back though!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | August 23, 2007 8:46 AM  
Oh Ryan, how I've missed you. I'm so sorry that you've been struggling and for the loss of your aunts. You are a wonderful friend and I'm thankful for you. Don't EVER hesitate to call me!
Posted by Blogger BCMS Foundation | August 24, 2007 3:30 PM  
I've missed you hon. I'm so sorry for all the losses you have been through recently. I'm glad you can be there for your friend.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to your little Bubba!! I think she's now considered a preschooler!!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | August 25, 2007 11:55 AM  
OK, Miss I'm So Busy....can't you spare a second to say hi on your blog or my blog or gmail chat?! I miss you! Hope you're doing ok!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | August 31, 2007 12:33 PM  
Hello. I am pretty new to all this but I have been reading your blogs and have added you to my site. Hope that is ok with you if not please send me a message.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | September 10, 2007 12:53 PM  
Wow... {{HUGS}} you are a great friend, I don't know you but I can tell you are a great friend. Most people would think their friend would want space or time, and just back off (mostly out of fear that somehow whatever happened is catchy) ... and it sucks. No child should die, no parent should have to go through that... but you are an awesome friend for standing next to your friend, even if that's all you could think of to do, she'll never forget it. Also {{Big Hugs}} on your own losses :( Deaths somehow - weirdly - happen in threes... I am also going to add you to my links, if you don't mind.
Posted by Blogger MoonNStarMommy | September 10, 2007 1:56 PM  
Just checking on you. Everything all right? It's been a while!
Posted by Blogger Adventures in Baby Fat | September 16, 2007 8:52 PM  
I wanted to let you know you've been tagged :) lol... 8 Random Things Abou You....
Posted by Blogger MoonNStarMommy | September 18, 2007 9:26 AM  
Hoping everything is ok. Miss you and hope to see you blogging again soon!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | September 19, 2007 12:36 PM  
Hey Ryan, I hope everything is okay. It's been a long time since you've posted. Hope to hear from you soon?
Posted by Blogger Heidi | September 26, 2007 12:48 PM  
Come back! We miss you!
Posted by Blogger That Chick Over There | October 03, 2007 6:35 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger