Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

Tidbits of Me, Tuesday.
This week I wanted to talk about color. Color and me. Me and color. AND NO, this isnt some weird way to "come out of the closet" and tell you I am gay. (Even IF I put up a picture of a rainbow... that doesnt symbolize anything... I was doing a little googling and found this photo... Beautiful isnt it?! It's Hawaii.) I just may have a name like Ryan AND be a girl... BUT I LOVE BOYS. Er... I call them boys. I call all MEN boys. (Even my boss I refer to as a "boy.") OMG. I must sound like a freak...

Moving RIGHT along...

My favorite color growing up was purple. EVERY. THING. was. purple. Then as I hit high school my favorite color was green. A dark emerald green. The first car I ever bought... after this incident... was a green Grand AM. And I have pretty much been a lover of the color green since. Blue is right up there at the top. But if it was life or death? My favorite color is green.

Most of my wardrobe is either blue or green. I really try hard to wear red but I think it clashes with my hair. And it makes the pink tint to my face... even more freaking pinkier. I CANNOT, COULDNOT ever even TRY to attempt to wear yellow. Yellow and I? We dont like to wear each other. One bit. But I will say at my high school prom... I wanted to wear a yellow dress sooooo bad.

I have always wanted to have a "Red Room" in my house. Preferably the bedroom but I had to paper, rock, scissors my husband over that. Yeah and well... my "Red Room" is my bathroom. The bedroom is blues and greens. Which overall looks great but its no "Red Room." The bathroom? It took me TWO GODDAMN FREAKING MOTHER FREAKING YEARS to find the perfect! shower curtain. In red. But I must say... it looks FABULOUS with the red towels.

Currently both of my vehicles are champagne colored. No. they. are. not. TAN. I know so because on my vehicle registration? It says champagne. However, to EVERYONE in the universe EXCEPT THE DMV... my vehicles are TAN. McDonalds drive-thru? TAN. Oil change place? TAN. My landlord? TAN. (to be honest though, I dont think many people know how to SPELL champagne.) The weird thing about the whole design of this? I wouldnt purchase champagne colored vehicles if it were my choice. The car? It was a SUPER cheap sweet mother of deal and it was the best looking car on the lot. The van? Well, my parents sold it to me for a dollar two years ago. A DOLLAR?! Hell the freak yeah! (My parents actually gave it to us cause they got a new car but I insisted on paying them. Mom said a dollar. I said "That's right. This bitch KNOWS how to stretch a dollar!") I didnt care if the van had been bright pink with green polka dots. IT WAS A DOLLAR! (Okay, maybe if it HAD been bright pink with green polka dots, I would have said no thanks.)

What's your favorite color?

Labels:

Posted by and rudeness on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
Green but not any old ordinary green no siree bob. Emerald wizard of freaking oz green. My wedding colors were emerald and sea foam green.
Posted by Blogger Denise | February 27, 2007 7:19 PM  
Wow, you went through a lot of different color phases!
My favorite color growing up was pink. Everything had to be pink. Then it was purple. When I got married it was green...like hunter green, the darker green. Now it's blue.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | February 28, 2007 8:07 AM  
purple. purple anything...i just gravitate towards it.
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 28, 2007 11:01 AM  
Depends on what it's for. I like to wear warm colors, like browns and reds. I like to decorate in blues and greens and purples, though I plan to have a yellow kitchen someday. Or red. Whichever Greg will tolerate. Our car is a peachy color (dealership says "gold" but it is no shade of gold I've ever seen) and I hated it at first, but it's such a distinctive color and makes our car so easy to find in crowded lots that it's grown on me and I can't imagine having a plain-colored car.

Okay, so I'm long-winded. I guess to be simple I'd say I just like color. I dislike it when things are too plain and subtle. Like, I don't think I could do a champagne-colored car. Well, maybe for $1 I could, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
Posted by Blogger Heidi | February 28, 2007 5:11 PM  
I would have to say my favorite color is blue. When I was younger I loved purple, but I guess as I've gotten older my views have changed. I was reading your Rudeness comment of the day, and 14 inches of snow, GEEZE! I'm glad our cold weather here is coming to an end. Also, thanks for the comment you left. I enjoyed the childhood story. It made me feel like I wasn't the only one with crazy siblings!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | February 28, 2007 6:15 PM  
Well, if you couldn't tell from my blog, my favorite color happens to be pink. But I also love blues and purples. Funny thing about yellow. I never claim to have a love of the color yellow, yet before we moved into our new house, I noticed that both kids' rooms and the kitchen were all yellow. So I must like that too.
Posted by Blogger Jolynn | March 01, 2007 9:20 AM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger