Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

I have an itch... and I dont know where to scratch.
There must be something in the air. Maybe something in the water. Cause I am losing my mind. I feel like a ball of energy waiting to explode. Why you may ask?

I dont know.

I DO know that it is 1:30am and I just switched over yet another load of laundry. That makes about 6 loads today. I am even washing the comforter that has sat on my basement floor for the last 3 months waiting patiently to be washed.

I do know I spent about 2 hours earlier looking at new templates for my blog and came up empty handed. I am just going to build my own. I am going to master template making. I am going to be a TEMPLATE MAKING GODDESS! I mean, just as soon as I figure out CSS and Dreamweaver. No problem, right? When I ask my husband template questions he usually just takes over. There will be no more of that! I am going to learn. And master.

I do know I took apart my entire vacuum this evening and cleaned it out. Like detailed it. I think it is now cleaner than the day I bought it. Oh, how I love you vacuum.

I do know that I still heart my pedicure and every chance I get... I sneak a peak at my pretty little painted toes. This bitch is wearing flip flops at EVERY available chance.

I do know that I got a new pair of sunglasses this weekend. Prescription sunglasses. And I absolutely love them to death. And my husband keeps telling me what a nerd I am for wearing them in the house. Now I am thinking about moving to Alaska, so I can wear them 24/7 for 6 months straight.

I do know that I have a thousand thoughts going through my mind (obviously from my irritating and unorganized ramblings above) and I cant even think straight. Maybe its cause Spring is finally here? Just when I thought that winter was going to last forever and I was going to fall into a never ending depression... Spring FINALLY FREAKING came.

And its about damn time too.

Today my parents came up and we all went bike riding. We rode to the park and played in the sand along side Bubba. Cause there was no where else in the WORLD that little girl wanted to be than in that sand. Covered in it. And I didnt even care that she was dirty from head to toe. We had so much fun burying her toys and then digging them out. Over and over and over again.

And after a couple hours of that... its dinner time.

And it took my parents, husband and I about 15 minutes until we finally convinced Bubba it would be more fun to go home to eat! dinner! than play in the sand any longer. Cause every time I asked her if she was ready to go she said, "One more minute" as in leave me the HELL alone I am having SO much more fun than anything else you could plan today!!

When we got home, my Mom and I made dinner. Steaks! YUM! It was so nice to work in the kitchen with my Mom. It has been a long time since we did that. Just hung out and had fun cooking. It really made me look back and realize that sometimes crazy things have to happen for people to remember how much they love each other. To remember how much fun the other person could be.

Over the last month we have gotten a lot closer. And it has been great. Obviously I could have done without the almost dying part to make us get closer... but I wouldnt change a thing about the last month. (Okay, I could have done with the MRIs... well and the dying part.) You know what I am trying to say. I have really missed my Mom.

We talk on the phone almost everyday and see each other every couple of days. When we lived 6 blocks away from each other we only saw each other on holidays and special occasions. Of course that is always full of stress and craziness. So the last couple of weeks have been a welcome relief.

As my parents packed up and left this evening we were already making plans for tomorrow. How cool is that?! YEAH! They just adopted two new kitties from the Humane Society so we are going to go and check them out. Jack and Chloe. I'll give you one guess where those names came from.

Well, the buzzer on the dryer just went... Gotta go get load number 7 started.
Posted by and rudeness on Sunday, April 22, 2007 at 12:25 AM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
That's awesome that you and your mom have mended your relationship. There is nothing better than a relationship between mother and daughter. I'm also very close to my mom...I talk to her almost every day and see her at least once a week.
Hope you got some sleep.
Posted by Blogger Brenda | April 23, 2007 7:46 AM  
First of all, you got prescription sunglasses and DIDN'T TELL ME?! I forgive you - this time.
I am so glad to hear things are going well between you and your mom. I know how much heartache it has caused you for so long. Out of the funk and into the sunlight! With new sunglasses! WOOT!
Posted by Blogger MandaCakes | April 23, 2007 8:16 AM  
That's good you have so much energy. It's way more than I have, but that's okay. I'd give you my energy too with all that you've had to deal with.
Posted by Blogger Jolynn | April 23, 2007 2:52 PM  
What can I say...you had me at "I detailed my vacuum." LOL!! I'm Monica Geller when it comes to my vacuum. Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)
Posted by Blogger ^starshine | April 24, 2007 1:56 PM  
I think the coolest thing is that, aside from the almost dying part, you DID rekindle your relationship with your mom. Not a lot of us "get" to have a second chance, or face something like that and then go forward with things we wish we would do. You know what I mean.

I heart my toes, too. Who cares if it's 45! I'm wearing flip-flops!
Posted by Blogger Mrs. Flinger | April 24, 2007 8:35 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger