Welcome
to my blog.
I am a girl named Ryan.
Yes, a girl. Always been one... Will ALWAYS be one. I am also a daughter, sister, wife, mother and graphic designer. I blog here to share the stories of how I can some how manage to be all of those titles & SOMEHOW stay sane. If thats what you call it.
If you need me for anything or have a question about something... please email me at ryanikon@gmailDOTcom.
and about rudeness.
and rudeness
of the week.
fastlane rudeness.
You know when your schedule is so busy you dont even have time to stop and think? And you cant even remember what day it is? But all you know is you have to be somewhere NOW and you have to go to the store NOW and you have to drop off something NOW and you have to GO NOW AND DO NOW AND BE NOW! And OMG! I am in the fastlane, been stuck here for 3 days and I dont think I'm getting out for a couple more days.
and rudeness.
and old rudeness.
and find rudeness.

I should have been a dentist cause I am always pulling teeth.
Back in September I was ranting about how annoyed I am with my parents and how they lack in the being grandparents department. We use to live SIX BLOCKS away from them and they never found the time to come see their only grandchild. The VERY reason we packed up in the first place when I was 8 months pregnant and moved across the country. To be near them.

When we moved 30 miles away in October to be closer to my work, it seemed like they took more time from their busy lives to TRAVEL to see us. You heard me. It is apparently easier for them to get in their car and drive all the way up here to see Bubba. Well whatever. My parents made it here almost once a week. Maybe it was because I was making them dinner for all their troubles?

When the Holidays rolled around Mr. Bubba and I were going down to see them quite often. Then my sister came home and we were down even more. It seemed like my parents were back on the We REALLY DO want to be Grandparents wagon. Then my sister left for Austria.

And we havent seen them since. It has been about 3 weeks and I think that I have talked to my mom 3 times. Once to see if my sister made it to Austria. Once to tell her I decided it would be a great idea to pick up a paper route and then yesterday to see if she was still alive. Oh, and to ask if I could borrow Season 3 of 24.

During our conversation I let her know that I was taking next Friday off so Mr. Bubba and I could celebrate our 4 year anniversary of being together. I then proceeded to tell her our plans and if she would be willing to watch Bubba. We would bring her to you and go out there.

Well, we have home work to do (they are both currently getting their Ph.Ds) and your other sister might come to town that weekend. I'll let you know if we can watch Bubba closer to Friday.

Mom, if you cant say yes now then I will have to call a babysitter.

Okay.

I feel like a part of my dies every time I am "turned down" by my parents. My daughter is the funnest person to be around. Having a bad day? Have Bubba say Awwhhh crwap. Brings a smile to my face every time. Anytime that I say the magical six words "Want to go to the store?" Bubba will start to jump around excitedly and ask "GO SEE GRAMMA GRAMPA?!!" And I fall to a million pieces when I have to tell her, No, just to the store. Grandma and Grandpa are at home.

So I called up our babysitter, Amber, or should I say AmBURGER! Bubba just loves her and being my bosses daughter, the excellent choice for us to have as a babysitter. We've called on her a couple of times now and I so pleased that Bubba has taken to her so well. The first time Amburger came over, she said Bubba didnt even cry or ask for us. You mean not at all? Not once. Damn. Thanks alot kid, 8 hours of labor and you dont even ask for me ONCE when you are left for the first time EVER with a babysitter.

So Mr. Bubba and I are excited about getting out and having a little us time. The last couple of times we went out, we were with my sister and her boyfriend, so we will actually be alone this time. He better watch out! I plan on having at least 3 tickets for PDA before the night is over.
Posted by and rudeness on Saturday, January 27, 2007 at 5:22 PM
Post a Comment | Permalink | View Comments
I'm sorry you are still having issues with the parents. ((Hugs)) Happy Anniversary!! Have a great time while out!!
Posted by Blogger Brenda | January 28, 2007 8:39 PM  
Sorry to hear your parents aren't enthusiastic about the grandparent thing. My mom is the opposite -- I think if we lived any closer to her I'd get seriously annoyed, because her grandkids are her world. Like sometimes she ignores me in favor of the kids! You know, the grass is always greener...

Maybe you could have Bubba call your parents on the phone, then you wouldn't have to totally burst her bubble, and maybe it would remind them how cute she is and convince them to visit more often?

Anyway, hope you have a good time on your night out. Yay for grown-up time! And happy anniversary!
Posted by Blogger Heidi | January 29, 2007 4:08 PM  
I don't blame you for being upset about that. When your parents get older they'll realize they missed a lot of stuff with your daughter. All you can do is enjoy the time you have with her while she's still little!
Posted by Anonymous Anonymous | January 30, 2007 2:05 PM  
Post a Comment
and Flickr.
www.flickr.com
and daily rudeness.
and cool rudeness.
BONUS!
My site was nominated for Best Parenting Blog!
Add to Technorati Favorites
World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites
Firefox 2
Rockin' Girl Blogger